Sunday, August 7, 2011

Artisan Opens in Southport, CT

I love when a new restaurant opens up and I love it even more when it turns out to have a wonderful patio and fab bar. Artisan just opened at the Delamar Hotel in Southport, CT. Owned and operated by the group that brought us L' Escale in Greenwich, they are dubbing Artisan a "farm to table" restaurant, a phrase a lot of restaurants are using, although I think few are true "farm to table."
       So, I met my friend for drinks and when my hubby joined us we decided to stay for dinner. Relaxing on the gorgeous patio surrounded my enormous planters filled with fresh herbs and sitting in comfortable lounge chairs does not make a person move without reason. We had none, so we stayed rooted. Our waitress, named Rebecca, was awesome and very helpful in guiding us with our menu for the evening.


                                                                           ARTISAN
All photos owned by HOUSE&POST

All photos owned by HOUSE&POST

All photos owned by HOUSE&POST

The bread was wonderful and very fresh

Marianne Brenner- Cowtan&Tout and Tyler Taylor


All photos owned by HOUSE&POST
Shrimp Crudo served with bread. I could have had this for dinner. Excellent!

All photos owned by HOUSE&POST

The Romanian had the tomato soup and he loved it. It had a great texture and rich taste.

All photos owned by HOUSE&POST
          The Romanian had a beautifully plated Bass, which he described as "Good, not incredible." His tomatoes, however were yummy.
All photos owned by HOUSE&POST

I had the Fluke, also presented beautifully. I LOVE a well delivered plate, it really should look like art. It was good, I would say the combo of the mushrooms, tomatoes and pureed potatoes was a bit bland. I probably would try something different next time.

All photos owned by HOUSE&POST

All photos owned by HOUSE&POST
Loved their fries

All photos owned by HOUSE&POST
 Since we were "researching" we HAD to each get a dessert. This was the banana split which The Romanian really enjoyed.

All photos owned by HOUSE&POST
Black currant sorbet, not good enough to finish...sorry.

All photos owned by HOUSE&POST
Lemon donuts with ice cream, by far the best. So good. French Laundry outside of San Fran. has been doing this for years. I am glad someone followed their lead.

fairfield patch

fairfield patch
    Final say, this is not where you would go for an out of this world culinary experience. Hit Le Farm for that. However, it has a great scene, an amazing patio and bar and very friendly staff (the manager and staff at Artisan could teach L'Escale staffers a thing or two) I would go back for sure. My only suggestion is that they invest in large sun umbrellas for the patio, otherwise it's a perfect setting for a cocktail. If you're in the area GO!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback!