Thursday, October 13, 2011

Rosamund Pike explores Town & Country

Rosamund Pike first came onto my radar in Pride & Prejudice, a remake of Jane Austin's book with Keira Knightly. Besides that fact that I am confident I would have been a perfect character in one of Jane's books, I adore all the actors that are so familiar to Austin's remakes. However, I had not seen Rosamond before and after seeing her in this movie I wanted to be just like her. I actually used her hair style in the movie for my wedding. 
Now she is a raising star doing movies with Tom Cruise, Steve Martin and Pierce Brosnan to name a few. Unlike her shy and reserved character in Pride & Prejudice, Rosamund Pike is a strong out spoken woman with a lot to say. My favorite quote from this article, "If you ever need a man to rescue you," Pike says, "you make damn sure you never have to be rescued again. You can take care of yourself." 
The gorgeous photo shoot was taken in Beckley Park in England, which in itself is an amazing place. It was built in 1540 by Lord Williams of Thame, who also built a great house at Rycote, a few miles away. It was originally built as a lodge for use when the lord and a party hunted the great park. Today it is still privately owned, but often used for photo shoots. Not to shabby as a weekend home. 




 Town & Country cover, shot in Beckley Park in Oxfordshire, England, by Koto Bolofo











No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback!